The NewBeeDrone & Joshua Bardwell Smart Power Goggle Cable is a collaboration product between NewBeeDrone and Joshua Bardwell.
Back in Mid 2021, Joshua Bardwell contacted us and brought up the idea of a smart goggle power cable adaptor. We realized that we could make a device to power a goggle through leftover 4S/6S batteries from quads since even if the battery level is at 30%, it still has enough power to supply the goggle.
At first, we thought of just making a very simple power module board that takes 2S-6S batteries and connect it with a 5.5x2.1 DC male plug and use a heat shrink to cover it. However, that method seems too unreliable so we decided to put a power indicator LED light and a buzzer to indicate the number of battery cells when you plug in a battery. The aluminum case acts like a shield to protect the hardware while providing heat dissipation for the power module.
Why do we call it the Smart Power Module? Because it can automatically detect input voltage to indicate battery cell and will output voltage based on the battery voltage. If the battery voltage is too low, it will give a low voltage to trigger the "goggle low voltage" warning.
- Power input port: XT60
- Power input support: 3S/4S/6S battery
- Calbe Length: 1.5 meters/4.92ft
- LED power indicator light
- Buzzer indicator: Beep per cell when battery plugs in. For Example: the module will beep 6 times when a 6S battery is plugged in.
- Voltage Output: 6.2V - 8.7V (Based on the battery average cell voltage)
- Maximum Current: 2Amp
- 1 x NewBeeDrone & Joshua Bardwell Smart Power Goggle Cable (XT60 To DC5.5)