The upgraded iFlight Commando 8 is here, equipped with fully integrated iFlight ExpressLRS hardware, a Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillator, and an upgraded cooling system. The inclusion of a Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillator further improves the drone's performance. These enhancements not only improve the drone's performance and reliability but also provide a more enjoyable and seamless flight experience for drone enthusiasts.
No additional external module is necessary to run ELRS. If you're planning to run another TX module, please check out the optional add-on external module bay.
ExpressLRS TX modules were developed in close cooperation with the ExpressLRS Team with firmware targets already released.
- Internal iFlight ExpressLRS (ELRS) transmitter (additional fan and aluminum sheet for cooling)
- Backpack Function
- Newly upgraded Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillator (lower packet loss, high frequency stability)
- Highest quality digital hall sensor gimbals for maximum precision
- High-performance PCB Single Band (900/2400MHz) radio antennas
- Inbuilt 4000mAh for up to 20h power (2x 2000mAh 18650 batteries)
- Stock EdgeTX firmware with pre-installed Lua scripts
- Several Gimbal Stick Ends available (stock 18mm)
Upgrades from V1 :
- 1. Commando 8 v2 adds the Backpack function. Please refer to the following article for the backpack function: https://www.expresslrs.org/hardware/backpack/esp-backpack/
- 2. Cooling function Upgrade.
- 3. Crystal Oscillator Upgrade: Upgraded from ordinary active crystal oscillator to TCXO (Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillator), which can improve the frequency-error problem.
- 4. Antenna Ｍode Upgrade: ELRS 2.4GHz RX module is changed from single antenna mode to Antenna Diversity mode.
- 5. Antenna Change: The antenna of ELRS 2.4GHz V2 changed from a single-frequency 2.4GHz antenna to a 2.4GHz single-frequency dual antenna; ELRS 915 V2 antenna remains unchanged.
Performance and Compatibility
Please use iFlight ELRS receivers coupled with our transmitter for maximum performance! We've probably achieved the market's best crystal frequency stability at a very low frequency deviation. Please check this article for further information https://www.expresslrs.org/hardware/crystal-frequency-error/?h=crystal+frequency
The 900MHz as well as 2400MHz band have outstanding performance and long range capabilities. If you're not sure what to get, please check out the official ELRS Long Range Competition to see what has been achieved. https://www.expresslrs.org/2.0/info/long-range/
What can I expect? Due to local regulations, the 915MHz FCC region seems to have a better performance than the 868MHz EU region. The 2400MHz band works great in any region, and has a higher packet rate up to 500hz. This is not a common 2400MHz protocol and cannot be compared to anything prior on the market.
ELRS Only Option (Single TX)
Single ELRS option includes 1x ELRS 2.4GHz/915MHz V2 TX module (please select band) pre-installed in the back of the radio Cooling fan is inside the flat back cover. Single Band or Dual Band antenna option (for future upgrades or module changes).
single-band dual antenna(2.4GHz)
2x 5-axis menu buttons for full OpenTX or EdgeTX control
2x 2-position switches (can be used for arming; not momentary)
2x 3-position switches
2.4GHz system: SX1281
868/915MHz system: SX1276
ExpressLRS 2.4GHz // Max Output 500mW
ExpressLRS 868/915MHz // Max Output 1000mW
Radio Channels: 8
Input: Mini High Precision Digital Hall Gimbals with NMB bearings
Gimbal Stick Ends: Stock length 18mm
Charging: Type-C 20W Quick Charge
Battery: Built-in 4000mAh 1S2P 18650 Battery
Charging Connector: Type-C
- 1 x IFlight Commando 8 EdgeTX/OpenTX RC Transmitter - ExpressLRS 868/915MHz
2 x 18650 Li-Ion batteries included (pre-installed)