Introducing the Armattan Bobcat. It's no secret that 4 inch models are making a comeback on the FPV scene. With the right power plant and with new technology available from Caddx and DJI, it is now possible to put together a lightweight 4 inch quad capable of very good endurance and HD recording. The Bobcat is our take on what we think is the best solution for this type of application.
We had to step outside our comfort zone for this design. Our designs are never meant to be the lightest thing on the market. Until now we focused a lot on freestyle designs. We offer lifetime warranty and that means our models need to be able to take a beating.
The Bobcat is a completely different approach to designing. Look at it this way: When we design a 5 inch freestyle frame, we look at ways to beef things up to make it stronger without busting weight. Whereas on the Bobcat design, we looked at how we can preserve the warranty while cutting weight as much as we can. Compromises had to be made. We were able to retain the warranty on all alumi parts and CF parts except the arms. The spare arms are available for less than 2$ each if you crash and break one.
It's important to understand that this model is not designed for bando flying and shooting gaps. It's designed to be a lightweight platform for exploring and cinematic cruising with better endurance. This is no different than competing models in this category. Despite all that we still have warranty for everything other than the arms on the frame. The cage, the main plate, the top plate, the rear alumi posts and even the standoffs. They are all warrantied for life.
The frame fits Nebula, Vista, and even the full DJI air unit. It of course, fits analogue systems with its dual stack.
The alumi cam cage is designed to be stronger and to work better with today's smaller cams. The cage is MUCH smaller than the cages on our previous models. It offers ample, bomb-proof tilting motion to meet smooth cruising and aggressive flying.
Slop-proof arm mounting solution. Third generation CNC rear posts. And best of all, this frame has dual arm configuration. You can build it as a true X configuration or as a compressed X. This is something we have never done before and we're stoked about the results.
The Armattan Bobcat is the best, most refined 4 inch long range frame on the market today. Nothing else compares, and we offer the best support in terms making sure we always have the parts you need in stock. This is hard to come by for many of the 4 inch frames on the market today. We are ARMATTAN and as always we have your back.
- Frame Weight 57 grams
- Motor to Motor 182mm (Compressed X)
- 200mm (True X)
- Frame Shape True X or Compressed X *Modular
- Main Plate Thickness 2.5mm
- Arm Thickness 3mm
- Motor Mount Pattern 12x12 or 9x9mm
- Stack Mounting Dual M3 20x20mm & M2 16x16mm
- FPV Camera Mount 20mm(DJI) or 19mm Micro cam
- Max Stack Height 20mm
- Warrantied Parts All CF and alumi parts except the arms
- Recommended Components
- Motor Size 1404/2750kv
- ESCs 25amp 4in1 (M3 20x20)
- Prop Size 4inch (low pitch bi-blade)
- Battery LiPo 4S between 850 & 1300mAh
- Li-ion 4S 3000mAh (Sony VTC6)
- 2x Cam Brace
- 2x Anchor
- 2x Tail Post
- 4x Arms 4 inch
- 1x Center Plate
- 1x Top Plate
- 2x Camera Mounting Plate
- 2x Tie Plate
- 1x M3 12mm cage standoff
- 2x M2 20mm cage standoff
- 5x M2 8mm cup-head bolt
- 3x M3 12mm button-head bolt (12.9 grade)
- 3x M3 8mm button head bolt (12.9 grade)
- 10x M2 6mm cup-head bolt
- 12x M3 9mm button head bolt
- 15x M3 sunk nuts
- 5x M3 20mm bolts
- 10x M3 nylon nuts
- 5x M3 6mm nylon standoffs
- 5x M2 18mm cup-head bolt
- 5x M2 aluminum nylocks
- 5x M2 nylon washer
- 5x M2 metal washer
- 3x M3 8mm cup-head bolt CW
- 1x Oomph spacer
- 2x Lipo strap
- 1x Top Lite Grip (gel & adhesive foam hybrid pad)
- 1x Air unit double sided adhesive foam bits
- 2x Dog-bone landing pads (cuts into 6 pieces, two center pieces can be used as spares)
- 1x Molded rubber antenna holder