This simple PCB allows easier mounting of your XT60 connector and capacitor. It also comes with 2 TVS diodes pre-installed. The TVS diode can absorb huge voltage surges while the low ESR capacitor takes care of voltage ripple. The board is capable of working with up to 6S voltage which is a known to have very high voltage spikes capable of damaging your electronics and battery. Protects your components and pick up a pack today!
What is a TVS Diode and How Does it Work?
- The Transient Voltage Suppression diode (TVS) is a component that is commonly used for transient protection. (Not to be confused with zener diode or schottky diode.) It consists of a p-n semiconductor junction that becomes conductive during a transient voltage spike. In normal circumstances, it appears as an open circuit despite a small leakage current.
- When the voltage on the transient voltage suppressor rises across its threshold voltage(Breakdown Voltage), the avalanche effect of the semiconductor causes the p-n junction to become a low-impedance path that channels away the excessive current. The response time of the TVS diode is extremely fast, often expressed in picoseconds.
- The placement of the TVS diode is also important. It is a good practice to place TVS diodes as close to the power source as possible.
- 5 x XT60 PCB's w/ TVS Diodes
- 5 x 470uF Rubycon ZLH series electrolytic capacitor